The Camaro Club (UK)

Online Community for all Camaro Owners and enthusiasts
It is currently Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:20 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:31 pm 
Big Block

Car Details: 1979 Camaro
Not made much more progress of late. When the weather turned I switched to some in-garage work - stripping the upper a-arms ready to fit new bushes. Only part way through that too. I need to get some pictures and update the thread.

The car was actually in pretty good condition when I got it, and was in daily use for 10 years. It seems such a long time ago now, and even longer before it will be back. I doubt it will be 2019, and even 2020 will be a stretch, unless I can get a lot more time to invest in it this year and next.

Re: Jamieg285's '79 rebuild

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:42 pm 
Big Block

Car Details: '79 Camaro, 350 V8
What i found with my resto was that it seems that you grind away and the end seems to get further and further away... but then all of a sudden it starts to go together and very quickly resembles the car it's meant to be. Sounds like you're not far from that turning point. Is there much left on the body work?

How to post pics: When writing a message, scroll down and use the "attach file" option. Where possible, a photo sharing service can be used such as Flickr, Imgur etc. The image location (usually ending in .jpg) can be copy and pasted between the ][ brackets that appear when you click the 'Img' button (you can find this button at the top of the message box).

How to post youtube vids: Click on the 'youtubeHD' button at the top of the message box and in the middle of the ][ brackets that just appeared, copy and paste everything from the youtube web address that appears after the = sign i.e if this is the url: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2cNqaPSHv0 just copy "K2cNqaPSHv0").

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:49 pm 
Big Block

Car Details: 1979 Camaro
It feels like I've hardly started when I look at what's left. Got to finish the tail panel, passenger side drop off and wheel house, rear quarters on both sides. The to the front, removing screen and replacing the cowl panel and dealing with and damage found underneath. Then there will be tidying up the fenders and nose.